Monday, February 09, 2009

An introduction

I just recently decided to start shooting again, and instead of purchasing a DVCPRO HD camera (a format I have a lot of experience with), I decided on the Panasonic HMC150 which shoots AVCHD (a format I’ve never used). I love Panasonic cameras. I love the “mojo” as some people call it… the look they produce. The price was right for me and the fact that these cameras shoot to cheap SDHC cards really won me over. However I was hesitant with the new (to me) codec and how it would play with Final Cut Pro. So this blog will be my attempt at documenting my experiences with the camera, both in the field and in editing.



I’ll post some samples soon, so please check back.

2 comments:

Rick Dolishny said...

I'm enjoying your posts. Thanks for the updates.

Brian Wilson said...

Thanks Rick! I'm sorry there aren't more frequent posts here but I'm not giving up on this blog. Thanks for checking it out and please come back soon.