Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Coming Soon, Promise

I'm currently in an edit that's taking a lot of time away from experimenting with my HMC150. It's sad to think I'd rather be tinkering with this camera when I'm actually being paid to sit here and edit. So, sadly, I'll make some money for a few more days then I'll get back to this camera.

I have some questions still about the workflow with this camera. For now I'm sticking with ProRes 422 and it's several times larger file size. But I know I'm going to use this camera for clients who will ultimately only want to edit in SD in the short term. So how am I going to transfer, with TC, from AVCHD to DVCAM? For now the only solution seems to be to take my ProRes 422 clips and drop them in to Compressor, drop a DVCAM droplet on there and let it go to town.

But secretly I'm hoping there's another solution - like going directly from AVCHD to DVCAM. And the kicker is to keep and maintain TC. So Toast seems out for that. And digitizing via the HDMI in to a Blackmagic Intensity card seems out as well since TC is not passed along the HDMI cable. We'll see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you didn't know, ProRes works FINE in SD resolutions too. I've done many projects that way (which I believe also benefited from working in ProRes because of the RT optomizations for it).

-Phil