Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blackmagic Intensity Pro Arrives

My Blackmagic Intensity Pro card has arrived and the install was a breeze. I need to try to find a way to calibrate my LCD screen as best as possible. I know there's only so much I'm going to get out of this "cheap" HD monitoring solution, I'm not relying on this for broadcast critical work, but getting a decent calibration is going to be key to at least get a close representation of how my stuff looks.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the card soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you captured footage from your HMC150 using your Intensity card? If so, what software did you use and which codec?

Are you using a standard HDMI cable or a "high speed" cable?

Thanks,
Ron

Brian Wilson said...

Ron,

I haven't tested this yet with live capture, though I'd imagine I would digitize in to the ProRes 422 codec. On my ever increasing list of things to do is to test this and see how the HDMI looks directly out of the camera.