Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gentle Giant

I recently helped direct and shoot a music video for a great band called The Nobility. The video was shot using my Panasonic HMC150 at 720p 24p. In post we added some looks in Magic Bullet Looks and further dirtied up the video a bit using Nattress Film Effects. All of this to hopefully capture the look of an old filmstrip PSA. I'm pleased the results and the camera performed well.

Here is the video for your viewing pleasure:



"Gentle Giant" video from The Nobility on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, nice video.

I am debating on upgrading to the HMC 150. I haven't had any issues with AVCHD so far on consumer level cameras, so I am a little confused with some of the issues I have found over the internet with people having problems.

I'd appreciate any comments or simple suggestions that I should be aware of.

Thanks!
C-Lo

Mac OS 10.5.7
2.53ghz Core Duo
4GB 1067MHZ

FCP 6.0.6

Brian Wilson said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm not sure what problems you're specifically talking about. My issues have been more with being able to tweak the camera too much to introduce noise.

As far as editing with AVCHD, there is minimal support on Final Cut. It simply can read the AVCHD file structure and then allows you to convert it to either Apple Intermediate or Prores. I think some folks are having problems with certain flavors (60p maybe) on Premiere. I think as time goes on it's becoming easier and easier to edit with this format.