Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another music video

I've been busy, mostly editing, but I have still been doing some work with the HMC150. I've shot another music video with it. It was for The Nobility and they wanted a similar look to their first video which I posted a few months past. It's another one-take and it was shot with a Blackbird Stabilizer. I barely knew how to use the thing so it's not as steady as I would have liked, but it could the job done. A lot of people talk about their arm hurting after using these, but for me it was my right hand. The song is less than 3 minutes but multiple takes add up and my hand was absolutely killing me by the end of the night.

I normally use my own customized setting but this time around I used the Spark setting. The end result was a general crushing of the blacks to minimize the appearance of the black curtain behind the actors. I was going for the look that they were performing in front of a black void and for the most part it appears that way. The actors did a great job not busting too many takes even though they were in semi-absurd scenes.

Click on the video for an HD version:

No comments: