Friday, May 18, 2012

CS6 Blues - Part 1

Okay, so nothing's been happening here for a while but I'm finally motivated to post again.  I have been trying out Adobe's CS6 suite of software and running in to a number of problems.  I'm going to try and document these issues over the next week or so.

Here's my first issue - Adobe Creative Cloud offers 20 gigs of cloud storage.  I've uploaded a file I edited that contains Dewolfe Music.  My client has a subscription to this service.  It's completely legit for us to use it.  But for whatever reason, Creative Cloud flags the file as containing copyrighted material.  But, unlike YouTube which usually allows your video to continue to be used with the usual link provided to purchase copyrighted music, Creative Cloud instead simply allows you to do NOTHING with your file.  You cannot play it back nor share it.  As it stands I cannot share my video work I've created with Adobe's software!

But searching through Adobe's forums reveas a very sweet thing when you're having issues - others who have the exact same problem!  Unfortunately no remedy as of yet and perhaps its as simple as Adobe not flipping the switch to turn on video sharing.  People have run in to this problem with absolutely no music used in their pieces, so I'm hoping we'll see this feature turned on in a few days.  However, the first post was from days ago with no response from Adobe, so that's slightly disconcerting.

Here's the link: Adobe Creative Cloud Forum

No comments: